Sweet Taste Study
If you commute to or live not far from Albany... you may want to take part in the Sweet Taste Study!
Researchers at the School of Food and Nutrition at Massey University are looking for female volunteers to participate in the Sweet Taste Study to understand the relationship between sweet taste perception and food choice.
Who can take part?
• New Zealand European women between the ages of 20-40 years
• Who are not pregnant or breastfeeding
• Do not smoke
What does the study require?
• Four visits (approx. 1.5 hours each) to the Albany Campus following an overnight fast
• Maintain a four day food record
What will you receive?
• Compensation for travel ($100 petrol voucher after the fourth visit)
• Individual body composition results (BMI and body fat %)
• Breakfast after each session
If you would like to participate or find out more information about the study, please contact the Sweet taste study team:
Email: [email protected]
Human ethic committee Approval Statement
“This project has been evaluated by peer review and judged to be low risk. Consequently, it has not been reviewed by one of the University’s Human Ethics Committees. The researcher(s) named above are responsible for the ethical conduct of this research. If you have any concerns about the conduct of this research that you wish to raise with someone other than the researcher(s), please contact Professor John O’Neill, Director, Research Ethics, telephone 06 350 5249, email [email protected]”.