Participant management orientation
There are two primary ways in which participants and subjects may be managed.
- Participants table
- Participant manager
To view all participants, use the left navigation and select “Participants” and the click on “All participants”.
The participant table provides an overview of all participants in the study. The table is searchable and sortable, and the data is easily exportable to common formats.
- Access participant manager by entering the participants name in the “Go to…” box, 2. Access participant manager by selecting the participants name, 3. Access all participants.
To select an individual participant, either select the participants name from the Participants table accessed from the previous step, or by selecting their name or id from the “Go to…” search box on the top-left in the left navigation bar.
The participant manager is where most actions relating to an individual participant occur. These may include:
- Assigning a status in the study
- Triggering defined automated actions*
- Allocating a group, tag, collaborator, or setting custom data field values*
- Accessing or editing contact information
- Creating notes
- Sending email or SMS messages, and reading messages received
- Entering form data*
- Accessing and managing tasks
- Accessing the participant audit log
*Some items must first be defined elsewhere, before they can be attributed to a participant.
The participant manager page is divided into specific sections.
Click to enlarge.
1. Action area.
The top-left area of the participant manager allows actions to be immediately executed. These may include:
- Changing the status of the participant. For example, from Applicant to Enrolled, or to Excluded.
- If randomisations have been set, and manual randomisations are allowed, these may appear here. Randomisations are a premium feature.
- Manual Action triggers, which can be defined in Templates, can be triggered here. These triggers can enable a series of events or settings to occur together, for example, sending an email, randomising, changing a status or allocation, and setting a reminder SMS for sometime in the future. Triggers and Templates are a premium feature.
The lower-left area displays the navigation for the Participant Manger. The features available will determine the options available here.
3. Notification area
Alerts, if enabled, will appear in the top-right areas of the Participant Manager. Alerts will also appear on the Study Manager page, as well as in the top-right of the main navigation (blue bar). Alerts are defined when setting Automated Actions and can be used as reminders, confirmations or notifications when particular events occur. Alerts are a premium feature.
4. Main interface
This is the main area of the Participant Manager. What is displayed here will depend on what has been selected from the navigation menu in area 2.