Household Food Waste Study
Help us develop a measurement tool to assess food wastage in New Zealand households. This study is being conducted as part of a Masters Research project and will be coordinated through the National Institute of Heath Innovation, University of Auckland.
What is involved?
- This study will consist of completing two food diaries and a questionnaire. One diary will need to be completed daily for the period of one week.
- The study will require approximately 3.5 hours of your time over the period of one week.
- You can complete the study from your home.
Upon completing the study, you will receive a $20 Westfield Voucher to thank you for your time.
Participants must live in Auckland and be aged 18 years or over.
If you are interested and/or would like further information, please contact:
Meulasi Sandanayaka (Research Student)
Email: [email protected]
Phone or text: 0210727285
APPROVED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF AUCKLAND HUMAN PARTICIPANTS ETHICS COMMITTEE ON 15/07/2014 for (3) years, Reference Number 012042
Healthy volunteers included
To participate in this study you must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- be able to read and understand English
- live in Auckland
- be the main household grocery shopper
- be willing to report on the household food disposal during the study duration
Only one participant per household can take part.